BENEFITS OF USING OUR SERVICE
Get full support for the importation process from our highly experienced and dedicated staff.
- High quality vehicles and at unbelievably low price for their quality.
- Importation process and requirements
- Inventory review and checking detailed car condition and information
- Access thousands of options either in our stock or car auctions houses in Japan.
- Advice, Comparison and review of different models
- Import Duty and tax estimation before purchase
- Review, Reserve and Receive Car Proforma Invoice for your car at our local offices
- Confirmation of shipping status and periodic updates on progress - Fast Shipping
- Timely Vehicle clearance and delivery from Dar es salaam to various destinations in Malawi
- Guidance on the vehicle registration process and requirements
No limitationPRE-SHIPPING INSPECTION
No inspection requiredMARINE INSURANCE
Not mandatorySTEERGIN HANLDE
Importation of only right-hand drive vehicles is permitted in Malawi. However, exception is provided in case of special vehicles like Ambulance, and Fire engines
CLASSIFICATION OF VEHICLES FOR TAX PURPOSES (MRA)
Imported motor vehicles are classified into two broad categories for duty purposes.
There are goods carrying vehicles and passenger vehicles.
IMPORTS BY NGOs AND RELIGIOUS INSTITUTIONS
Certain types of goods when imported directly by registered Non Governmental Organisations (NGOs), and Religious institutions are allowed duty free entry or at reduced duty rates. This is possible through the use of various Customs Procedure Codes (CPCs) which specify the types of goods under a particular CPC.
CPC 4000.438 (d)/4071.438(d)
Under this CPC NGOs are allowed to import, at concessionary duty rates of 10% import duty and 16.5% VAT, two goods carrying motor vehicles of tariff heading 87.04 in every five years.
Under this CPC NGOs are allowed to import, at concessionary duty rate of 10% import duty and 16.5% VAT, one passenger carrying motor vehicle of tariff heading 87.02 in every five years.
Under this CPC, Churches/religious institutions are allowed duty free importation or duty free clearance from bonded warehouses the following;
Lorries, vans and pickups specifically acquired for church use; subject to such conditions as deemed necessary by the Commissioner General attracts only Import VAT of 16.5%.
This may also apply to Trusts and other charitable organizations.
SHIPPING AND PAYMENT INFORMATION
- Dar es Salaam (Tanzania)
- Durban (South Africa)
- Maputo (Mozambique)
For shipment of vehicle. Ro-Ro (Roll-On, Roll-Off) method is generally used for shipment of used car’s. On request of customers, shipping method of containers is also available.EXPECTED DELIVERY TIME
Generally cars for sale in Malawi in our stock are shipped within 2 weeks and will reach your country in 6-7 weeks from purchase.PAYMENT METHODS
Bank transfer (USD or JPY) and PayPalRECOMMENDED BANKS
NATIONAL BANK OF MALAWI, RESERVE BANK OF MALAWI, STANDARD BANK MALAWI, FIRST MERCHANT BANK MALAWI(FMB), MALAWI SAVINGS BANK and etc.
Note: All information above is subject to change without notification. Please contact your local customs clearing agent and inquire for latest updates.
CITY DELIVERY SERVICE
Estimated Clearing + Delivery Charges from Dar es Salaam Port
|Car Types||Sedan / Hatchback||SUV||Mini Bus / Van||Mini Bus / Van||Other|
|Size (M3)||Up to 12.99||Up to 13.99||Up to 14.99||15.00 - 15.99||16.00 -|
|Dar es salaam||$350||$380||$400||$430||ASK|
For Cars with engine size more than 2400cc, please confirm the rates.
Above rates are valid until August 2018
- All prices are in US Dollars.
- These special prices are available only to customers that purchased a vehicle through us
- Insurance fee and Tracking fee USD30 is included in the delivery cost
- Delivery to Kasumulu, includes Port Clearance and Delivery Fee only
- Delivery to Songwe, Lilongwe and Blantyre includes includes Port Clearance but does not include Custom Duty, Border Clearing Charges, MRA agent fees and vehicle registration.
- The cost of vehicles with engine size more than 2400cc and van with a "High Roof" is higher