BENEFITS OF USING OUR SERVICE
- Given full support for the importation process from our great team of dedicated staff.
- Best condition vehicles and at most reasonable price.
- Vehicle purchase support and guide on Importation process and requirements
- Translations on detailed car condition and information
- Access to numerous sources of vehicle in Japan, that includes car auctions houses, domestic market dealers and our stock, providing you best source for your choice of car.
- Timely shipping of your car, and periodic update on the shipping status of your car.
- Best choice of car from reliable sources.
In case of any other questions, JPCTRADE offices and Sales in charge will attend to all of your questions. Please contact us on the address below.
JPCTRADE CO LTD
TK MONZENNAKACHO BUILDING 8F, ETCHUJIMA 1-2-13 KOTO-KU TOKYO
TOKYO, Japan 135-0044
- Importation of Right Hand Steering Cars is permitted!
- There is no age Restriction but the taxation is dependent on age of the car.
- Inspection of Vehicles is a requirement.
New or used cars imported to Tanzania are shipped to the maritime port of Dar-Es-Salaam.
JPCTRADE will organize the export from Japan up to the port of Dar-Es-Salaam.
JPCTRADE facilitate you in acquiring your car form the various sources on the Domestic Market and will arrange export and shipping from Japan.
Tanzania has no age limit on used vehicles. However the taxation of the car is dependant on the age of the vehicle. Generally, if a vehicle is older than 10 years, it attracts higher taxes and if lower than 10 years less percentage of tax.ROAD WORTHINESS INSPECTION (EAA, JAAI, QISJ INSPECTION)
All used or new cars imported from Japan to Tanzania must take a "Road Worthiness Inspection".
The Road Worthiness Inspection can be performed by EAA (East Africa Automobile Vehicle Inspection Services), QISJ (Quality Inspection Services Japan), and JAAI (Japan Automobile Appraisal Institute).
In case used vehicle fails inspection, repairs must be performed in order to pass the inspection.
If for some reason a vehicle arrives in Tanzania without Inspection, costly penalties are applicable to the importer or the owner of the vehicle.
For all vehicles with the engine capacity 0-1000cc:
Import duty 25%, Plus VAT 18%, No Excise Duty
For all vehicles with the engine capacity 1001cc to: 2000cc:
Import duty 25%, Plus VAT 18%, Plus Excise Duty 5%
For all Non Utility Vehicles with the engine capacity above 2000 cc:
Import duty 25%, Plus VAT 18%, Plus Excise duty 10%,
For Buses, Lorries, Pickups, Passenger Vans (Commercial units):
Import duty 15% Plus VAT 18%, No Excise Duty
There is also import declaration fee that is calculated as (Free on Board) FOB Price x 1.12 + $10. The fee is multiplied by the number of vehicles that one will import.
Vehicles older than 8 years from their date of manufacture attract an excise duty on age, of 20%.
Import Declaration Fees can be calculated as follows:
FOB Price x 1.12 + (US$10 x Number of Units)